WASTE NOT - WANT NOT
Left-Over Posts? Snippets Not Quite Meaty Enough On Their Own To Make A Satisfying Post?
This Is The Place To Come To Use Them Up.

Saturday 6 March 2010

I Know My Place

Sonata :

I stood outside the Turkish shop today , looking at the fruit and wondering whether to buy Mineolas or mandarins .


Suddenly a very little , very ancient and determined Chinese woman prodded me and , picking up a mandarin , said , "These are very nice . Hold your bag open . Take this one ....and this one ... How many do you want ? This one's nice ....". Then , when the bag was full and I was about to tie a knot in it , she found one last one I mustn't leave without . "Very nice , you'll enjoy them ." she said firmly . Then , amazingly , got on a bike and pedalled off .

So I paid for them , took them home and we did enjoy them greatly . I'm not sure we would have dared not to .