WASTE NOT - WANT NOT
Left-Over Posts? Snippets Not Quite Meaty Enough On Their Own To Make A Satisfying Post?
This Is The Place To Come To Use Them Up.

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Careers Advice for Geese


Geese would like to dance -

ballerinas in their hearts.

Always tip toeing

 

on the park lake – a mirror: 

Am I beautiful? Am I?

 

Graceful necks aloft,

proud white breasts rise, fluttering,

eager in the wings.

 

Your voices raw, unlovely,

are not for singing. You birds

 

have other stages.

Cool wind’s curtains call you north.

Don’t cry for dancing -

 

fly in perfect symmetry.

You are beautiful. You are.


© Clare Kirwan

p.s. I accidentally posted a blog about scum here yesterday, instead on my BrokenBiro blog, so I moved it there - sorry for any inconvenience *blushes*